A Weekend You'll Remember

Last year I attended the National Campus Life Network Symposium, which was not only extremely informative, but also very fun. It was the best use of a weekend I can remember. The days were filled with speakers, workshops and opportunities to network with other participants. I was thoroughly impressed by how much I learned. I have attended many retreats and conferences in the past, and can honestly say that few have been as rewarding as the NCLN Symposium.

NCLN Symposium 2013/2014 Attendees from left to right:
Kasia Lach, Mark Dumbrique,
Christine Helferty, Daniel Cumming, Evan Cassidy
We were taught how to defend the pro-life position, and effectively communicate it to others. I learned about the rights individuals and clubs have on campus. I also learned about things I did not expect, such as human psychology and the history of the pro-life movement. We learned about different pro-life groups, the work that they do, and the different opportunities that are available to share the pro-life message. It was at the symposium where I first heard about a trip to Florida for the Genocide Awareness Project (GAP) that I ended up attending last February.

It was not all presentations either. Ever played a game of giant Dutch Blitz? Throughout the weekend there were social opportunities where you could meet other pro-lifers from across the country.  To this day, I have kept in touch with friends I met there.

            I would highly recommend the NCLN symposium to anyone looking to learn more.  It is a great way to become better equipped to defend the pro-life position, meet some amazing people, enjoy good food and have fun while you are at it. What better way to spend a weekend?

By: Evan Cassidy, Attendee of the NCLN Symposium 2013/2014