Queen's Alive has had a very exciting and active fall semester! Yesterday marked our final event for the semester, watching "October Baby" together as a club. Here's a little update on our club's activities from the past couple months:
- The Defund Abortion Mini-Rally went very well on October 13th. Queen's Alive was well represented, as well as the Kingston pro-life community at large.
- Silent Day reached over 1000 students at Queen's on October 16th. We passed out sheets explaining our silence in solidarity with those that have been silenced through abortion. Here's a photo from the day:
Thank you to everyone for a great semester! Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and we'll see you in January!
- We hosted bake sales at St. Paul the Apostle Church and at St. Mary's Cathedral during the last two weekends in October. We raised almost $600 between the two weekends! Thank you so much to everyone who baked, bought and donated. Your support is very much needed and appreciated!
- We had an apologetics session for those wanting to learn more about how to effectively defend the pro-life position on November 12th.
- Our postering/pamphleting campaign went well from November 14-16th. We put up this poster all over campus and handed out over 1000 pamphlets with the same message. We had some interesting conversations with other students about personhood!
- Finally, we watched "October Baby" together last night, as previously mentioned.