Justin Bieber says: “Keep your baby, baby, baby ohhhh!”

Justin Bieber talks Sex, Canada and Abortion

This just in: Canadian teen and global pop icon Justin Bieber has given the world a new outlook on his smash hit “Baby”. As many of you may have already heard, Bieber recently expressed his pro-life views in an interview with an editor from The Rolling Stone. When asked about his views on the issue, Bieber replied, “I really don’t believe in abortion … it’s like killing a baby”. Even when questioned about abortion in cases of rape, Bieber holds firm to his views: “Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that”. I have included a link with further details from the interview for those of you who are interested in reading more.

Not only has this statement caused many pro-life individuals to come down with a serious case of “Bieber fever”, but it has created national waves and a great deal of criticism towards Bieber. As a pro-life university student, I have experienced first hand the judgment and disapproval from others for expressing my views in a country and academic environment that supposedly fosters the right to free speech and expression of opinion. This makes it difficult at times to stand up for what I believe in and whole-heartedly support the fundamental right to life. Therefore, I commend Bieber for confidently expressing his views on an immensely sensitive topic, and for doing it in the global spotlight. Not only will this spark a nationwide discussion on the issue of abortion, but it will get the younger generation thinking about the issue as well. I think any attention is good attention when it comes to the issue of abortion, and Justin Bieber just brought it to a whole new level. Thank you, Justin, and keep fighting the good fight!

Mary Stephen
Vice President – Queen’s Alive